January 31, 2017
Trump To Everyone: You’re Fired
President Donald Trump fired Attorney General Sally Yates Monday night after she told the Department of Justice not to defend President Trump’s immigration order. Responding to Trump’s ban on nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries, Yates said she was “not convinced that the executive order is lawful” and thus refused to defend it. Trump was swift in his response to the Obama appointee, claiming she “betrayed the Department of Justice” and that she was both “weak” and “very weak” on immigration issues. Though few are surprised the thin-skinned Donald would fire her, his knee-jerk reaction is disconcerting. Such a swift response after a week of impulsive executive orders gives the impression that not much restraint is being employed.
But you know who is being employed? Thomas Homan. After a long day of firing, President Trump still found time to fire Daniel Ragsdale, the director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security. The DHS’s official statement from Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly didn’t mention Ragsdale’s name, nor did it give a reason for the replacement. All we know is that Thomas Homan is his new man for the job. We also don’t know much about Homan, besides his 33-year career in law enforcement and his noteworthy penchant for deportations.
- New Zealand Massacre | The Rise of the Far Right | Education, Status, and Wealth
- What You Need To Know About Brexit… In A Nutshell
- Fratricidal War | Containing Science and Technology | Generation Depressed | Trump v. Congress
- Everything You Need To Know About Vladimir Putin
- Yemen Explained: The War No One Understands
- Latest King Tut Discovery Makes Everyone Believe In The Illuminati
- Sofia Vergara Is Being Sued By Her Own Embryos
- What’s Going On With China’s Economy?
- NASA Desperately Needs Your Ideas On Pooping
- The German Bernie Sanders Breaks a Record
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU