December 01, 2016
Weekend Reads: December 2 Edition
- Do millennials no longer believe in democracy? This research paper seems to think so.
- Buzzfeed looks at how Italy’s most popular party is peddling fake news and basically be recycling pro-Putin propaganda. Also, Spiegel asks if Renzi is playing high stakes poker with all of Europe’s chips in this upcoming referendum.
- Vox makes the case for why “liberals” should normalize Donald Trump.
- How did Fidel Castro win the heart of the Middle East?
- A look at the rise of the alt-Right media.
- The New York Times’ Rachel Kushner looks at life in a Palestinian refugee camp in East Jerusalem.
- Politico looks into the anti-democratic worldview of Steve Bannon and Peter Thiel.
- Michael Lewis’ new book is coming out this Monday! Here is the New York Times review of it while you wait.
- Howard Schultz of Starbucks is stepping down. We figured it would be a good time to reopen his memoir about how he created Starbucks into what it is. Check it out here.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU