IN A NUTSHELL: MUST READ
New Hampshire: It Was A Yuuuuge Night! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the world witnessed a Donald Trump victory speech last night as both he and Bernie Sanders upended politics as usual and won their respective primaries in New Hampshire.
- Bernie Sanders won an expected victory over rival Hillary Clinton, beating her ~60-40%. The victory puts him in the lead going into Nevada and South Carolina. He is the first non-Christian to ever win a state primary.
- Donald Trump also took home an expected victory in the crowded Republican field regaling us with a victory speech full of half finished sentences and vague promises. We imagined what a possible Trump inauguration speech might sound like.
- John Kasich held a victory rally after coming in surprising second place (with less than half the number of votes of Donald Trump). If that isn’t a man who sees the glass half full we don’t know who is.
- Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio virtually tied for third place ensuring that it remains a crowded field going into South Carolina.
- Jim Gilmore is still in the race.
The 2016 election is probably the most interesting presidential election we can recall and it is only getting started.
Syria: Why Fight A Proxy War When You Can Fight A Real One
Saudi Arabia and Turkey may be mulling a ground invasion to create a “safe space” in Northern Syria for Saudi-backed rebels and civilians who are fleeing a Syrian government offensive. The government, along with Russian airstrikes and Iranian support, is encircling the city of Aleppo and may sever the last major supply route into the city, threatening access to food, water and medical supplies to ~300,000 people trapped inside.
A Saudi invasion of Northern Syria would put US allies within the sights of a Russian bombing campaign, threatening to escalate the war even further. Saudi is already bogged down in another civil war in Yemen.